In 17+ years of experience, I've built and led teams, helped teams and organizations rediscover how to work together through organizational design, advised companies, and have managed and mentored young designers.
I take pride in bringing world-class consumer grade UX to business tools and products that tread new territory or reimagine tired and inadequate norms.
Working at the micro and macro level, I balance short term tactical work with long term highly strategic exploration and vision definition, while contributing to organizational design and various horizontal systems across the company. I'm flexible and can work lean and iteratively to meet an aggressive deadline, and/or run long term strategic design efforts through workshops and iterative phases of the project life cycle.
I have extensive experience in large to small scale system and framework design, having designed and contributed to design systems at multiple enterprise companies and startups.
- Helping individuals and organizations understand their audiences at Google Analytics
- Helped a new generation of consumer build better money habits at Varo Money
- Helped service-based businesses with time-based scheduling and billing at Square
- Explored the future of Amazon Web Services products
- Empowered businesses cultivate meaningful relationships on the Measurement team at Facebook
- Reimagined, discovered, and defined the connected car experience at Automatic
- Made customer service beautifully simple at Zendesk
- Made every meeting matter at MeetingHero (rebranded as Worklife, acquired by Cisco 2016 and is now Cisco Spark Meeting Notes)
- Made enterprise software social and human at Salesforce via the Chatter, Community, Sales, Support, Platform, and Systems teams
- and many more
Outside of the office, you'll find me advising and consulting startups and companies on design thinking, product strategy, and discipline in process and decision making. If I'm not working, I'm probably learning new design-nerdy things, cooking, playing music, or exploring California with my lovely wife and daughters.
View select projects 2014–2015